Thursday, May 21, 2009

If I can prove my Italian blood line and become an italian citizen, will I be able to find work in italy


If I can prove my Italian blood line and become an italian citizen, will I be able to find work in italy?
Also, if I take some time to learn the language (being half Italian) will I ever have a chance at being accepted of a true resident of Italy? I had no choice to be born in the USA and I feel like I have no identity or sense of community here. I want to go to Italy where my roots are and start a new life there. I'm just not sure I will be able to find work, or be accepted as a true Italian. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No.
2 :
You'll be accepted for sure. But, consider those points: 1. You cannot be seen as an Italian, and you will not feel as Italian, unless you live in Italy for decades. You'll be accepted as a foreign with Italian roots, what you are. 2. You should have a clear idea of what job or business you are going to do. It is not easy to do something in Italy, especially if you do not already have Italian friends and if you don't speak Italian. 3. My opinion is that Italy is a very good place to visit, but a bad place to live in. Before thinking to go to Italy I suggest to chat with some Italians, get information, make some trip (not just to the touristic places). Then, if you really like, plan to move (but still consider points 1 and 2). Best wishes. I am Italian and live in Genoa.