Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hi guys...I' d like to study medicine in the UK,but after,can I work in Italy or any other country of the EU


Hi guys...I' d like to study medicine in the UK,but after,can I work in Italy or any other country of the EU?
I'm Italian,but I ' d like to study in the UK.I ' d like to know if I can work as a doctor in Italy or any other country of the European Union after finishing my studies... Thanks.
Studying Abroad - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am sure all you'd have to do is take a test and do residency in those countries.
2 :
You can work in any of the EU countries since you are an EU citizen. Even if you qualify in the UK as a doctor, doesn't make one bit of different where you study in the EU you be able to use that qualifications to work in any of the 27 EU countries.
3 :
After finishing basic medical training (university studies and, in some countries, internship) in a EU state or in Iceland, Norway, Lichtenstein or Switzerland you should be able to be licenced in any other of those states with only some paperwork and in some cases a fee. If your training complies with directive 2005/36/EC and you are in good standing you do not have to undergo any extra training or testing. If you move to another state before reaching the minimum level for this automatic recognition (corresponding to a full registration in the UK) the amount of extra training and/or testing needed varies between different states.