Monday, September 21, 2009

will my dell inspiron 1525 work in italy and can i charge it using my charger that i use in the USA


will my dell inspiron 1525 work in italy and can i charge it using my charger that i use in the USA?
the back box transformer thing on my power cord for my laptop says Input: 100-240V... will it work when i plug it into an outlet in italy - i have an international travel adapter but i don't think it changes the voltage... also, my camera's battery charger says the input is 120V... will that work too?? thank you!
Rome - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
"100-240V" means the transformer can work with any voltage between 110 and 240; you may also see something like "50-60 Hz". It will works perfectly in Italy, you just need a plug adapter (or an Italian or European chord). If the charger just says "120 V", it will not work in Italy (220 V), so you need either a converter or a charger that can work with 220-240 V or in a wider range, like your laptop charger.
2 :
Thanks, I had the same question! I will also be traveling to Italy with my Dell Inspiron 1545 and was wondering if I needed an converter box. All I need now is an international travel adapter.THANK AGAIN!