Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Can I continue to live in Italy and work


Can I continue to live in Italy and work?
I live in Italy and my three months as a tourist are up so I want to apply for residency. Am I allowed to work here after the three month tourist period while I wait for the residency permit? Do I have to return to the UK while I wait? Will they give me the permit as I only work 7 hrs a week and don't earn much money? I live with my Italian girlfriend and she has a job here. Will this assist me with my application?
Other - Italy - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I always thought that as a EU citizen you didn't need to have a visa of any sort to live in Italy. All you have to do is transfer your residence. You should ask at the Italian Embassy in London. You may even want to call the English Embassy in Rome of the English consulate in Milan or one of the other places on the link below. http://ukinitaly.fco.gov.uk/it