Friday, April 1, 2011

If I want to work in Italy as a chef in order to master Italian cuisine, which regions do you recommend


If I want to work in Italy as a chef in order to master Italian cuisine, which regions do you recommend?

Ethnic Cuisine - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi I'm italian and write about tuscan food, so the mist immediate answer would be Tuscany. But I suggest Emilia as a first choice and Tuscany as your second. Ciao
2 :
Italian cuisine is strongly related to each region/area, so in each region you can find more specific traditional dishes. So, there actually isn't one particular region that can be considered better for mastering Italian cuisine.
3 :
try Sicily, my grandmother was from there and made great Italian food.
4 :
Pinguino is right; cooking is regional here in Italy. You can specialize in one region, but it might be a good idea to move around to various regions to get a solid overview of the different cuisines here. Where I live in Emilia Romagna, the food is excellent, but that's also true of the other regions.